Sales & Marketing Internship
Besides the continuation of our catering activities Smokey Goodness will expand its product and services portfolio in the spring of 2016. BBQ spices, sauces, books, workshops, rental of our mancave and quality convenience meats have been developed and need to be introduced to the market this coming spring. To help successfully expand our BBQ loving brand we look forward to welcome a bright young entrepreneur to be who will together with the founder of Smokey Goodness, Jord Althuizen, create a route to market plan for these new products and services and execute this plan. This is an internship for an ambitious intern with an appetite for surpassing set goals.
General Internship tasks:
After a 4-week introduction period in which the intern will get familiar with current operations, tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Answering incoming requests
- Generating requests by the creation of a strategic sales plan including setting targets, defining prospects (both large companies, strategic cooperation’s and desirable festivals) and perform acquisition tasks to reach those targets.
- Constructing proposals for catering activities and the sales of our bbq branded products and services based on our foodbook and catering sales sheets.
- Responsible for upselling and maximizing revenue and margins.
- Together with the business unit manager oversee weekly planning for the catering activities.
- Conduct after sales after the event to ensure follow up and the collection of feedback to continuously improve our products and services.
- Continue our social media activities (twitter, Instagram and Facebook) and maximize peer interaction.
- Create a quality photo portfolio of our products and services with leading photographers. Make your own photos and videos with our own professional equipment and create an online presence and community.
- Plan, construct and organize a €o,- out of the box guerrilla marketing activity.
- Upgrade our current website and introduce a web shop section on our site.
- Partake in catering activities at large assignments, festivals and promotions.
- Perform as a leader during festival and event catering.
- Dishes, yes an intern will actually do dishes as well!
Internship Candidate Profile & Practical Information:
For this challenging internship position we are seeking for an HBO schooled candidate from diverse backgrounds (hotelmanagement, Marketing, business school, etc.) Feel like you are up for the task? Check underneath for additional candidate requirements and our rewards.
The ideal intern has:
- A fascination for cooking on fire
- A drivers license
- A passion for developing and improving food and beverage concepts
- A hands on attitude
- An interest in learning how to plan and conduct effective sales
- Experience with social media strategies and channels
- No fear for long days (we are talking long workdays at festivals!)
- The understanding that F&B happens in the weekends
- A desire for an internship that consists of both strategic development as well as hands on practical experience
- A sense of humor
- Cooking experience
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Start is ASAP
- The office is located in Delft
- The interns workdays are determined in mutual agreement but might include working on weekends
- The internship allowance is €400,- a month (after taxes)
- Lunch (and dinner on long workdays) are on the house
- There are options to stay on board after the internship period when both parties want to move forward.
INTERESTED IN THIS STAGE?
So this is something for you? Well then give us a call at +31 (0)6 28 62 79 56 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org