Concept Development Internship
The most distinguishable trade of Smokey Goodness is the look and feel of our concept. Each individual component varying from the way we cook and present our self to the odd machinery and trucks used to impress festival goers and guests on large events are all key to our success. The continuous development of Smokey Goodness and its subsidiaries is of the highest priority to safeguard our innovative character and leader of the pack position. We are always busy crafting a new look and feel. Thinking of ways to expand our meat and fire focused concepts with new tricks and toys and are currently on the brink of releasing a new business line to the market. If you like to learn to improve, create and implement concept elements in a rustic and authentic no nonsense company this is the internship for you!
General Internship tasks:
After a 4-week introduction period in which the intern will get familiar with current operations, tasks and responsibilities will include:
Analyze and improve:
- Analyze the current work methods and available equipment to find elements that can be improved in either work efficiency or look and feel.
- Improve our current catering set up for both festivals and on site catering.
- Gather inspiration and create mood boards to reflect current and future design look and feel.
- Create drawings and instructions for third parties to create what is needed.
- Aid in finalizing the completion of our food truck, newest bbq trailer and buffets for Smokey’s latest sub-concept and the production office also known as ‘the mancave’
Sourcing, purchasing and creating:
- Find odd accessories and elements that make up our distinguishing look and feel.
- Find odd food items that can be used in our unique dishes and new presentation materials.
- Source suppliers, negotiate terms and conditions and oversee the production of new equipment.
- Partake in catering activities at large assignments, festivals and promotions.
- Perform as a leader during festival and event catering.
- Dishes, yes an intern will actually do dishes as well!
Internship Candidate Profile & Practical Information:
For this challenging internship position we are seeking for an HBO schooled candidate from diverse backgrounds (hotelmanagement, Marketing, business school, etc.) Feel like you are up for the task? Check underneath for additional candidate requirements and our rewards.
The ideal intern has:
- A fascination for cooking on fire
- A drivers license
- A passion for developing and improving food and beverage concepts
- A hands on attitude
- An interest in learning how to plan and conduct effective sales
- Experience with social media strategies and channels
- No fear for long days (we are talking long workdays at festivals!)
- The understanding that F&B happens in the weekends
- A desire for an internship that consists of both strategic development as well as hands on practical experience
- A sense of humor
- Cooking experience
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Start is ASAP
- The office is located in Delft
- The interns workdays are determined in mutual agreement but might include working on weekends
- The internship allowance is €400,- a month (after taxes)
- Lunch (and dinner on long workdays) are on the house
- There are options to stay on board after the internship period when both parties want to move forward.
INTERESTED IN THIS STAGE?
So this is something for you? Well then give us a call at +31 (0)6 28 62 79 56 or send us an email at email@example.com